January is the month in which magazines and newspapers tell us how to change our unhealthy ways. That’s not news. What is headline-worthy is that Americans seem to be taking the advice. Indeed, as it turns out, we may not be the overeating, sedentary puddings we think we are.
More Photography from Time
- FLOTUS at 50: Michelle Obama’s Workouts
- Before Angelina: Portraits of Breast Cancer Previvors and Survivors
- Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
- When Celebrities Battle Cancer: Photos of 20 Inspiring Survivors
- Depressive Thinking Can Be Contagious
- The Artistry of Sleep: Photos of Icons Getting Some Shut-Eye