The Food and Drug Administration unveiled on Tuesday nine graphic warning labels that will be required on all cigarette packaging and advertising in the U.S. by Oct. 22, 2012.
More Photography from Time
- Before Angelina: Portraits of Breast Cancer Previvors and Survivors
- Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
- When Celebrities Battle Cancer: Photos of 20 Inspiring Survivors
- Depressive Thinking Can Be Contagious
- The Artistry of Sleep: Photos of Icons Getting Some Shut-Eye
- The Disease that Won’t Die: Tuberculosis in Peru