9. See the sights. On foot or bike, that is. Skip the bus tours and check out your new surroundings the old-fashioned way to burn calories while taking in the views. Lots of cities even offer running tours to let you explore while getting a workout in.
10. Take the stairs. Skip the elevator and sneak in some extra cardio. Bonus: lots of sightseeing attractions — churches and towers, for example — have stairs with architectural oddities, letting you kill two birds with one step.
11. Embrace your surroundings. If you’re at the beach, try doing your usual yoga routine on the sand instead of indoors. A change in scenery might be just the boost you need to get physical. Take a long walk through a local park when kickin’ it in a new city.
12. Be adventurous. Break out of a workout rut and use vacation as an excuse to try a new, fun activity. Whether it’s rock climbing, sailing or trapeze swinging, challenge yourself to try something different while you’re away.
13. Try the local specialty. Take advantage of what an area’s known for — or even plan a vacation around it. Unroll a yoga mat in India, learn tai chi moves in China, or woo potential suitors with flamenco moves in Spain. It’s a great way to learn about a culture while exercising.
14. Make exercise your vacation. A surefire way to guarantee to keep moving is by planning a getaway around a fitness event or competition. Force yourself to vacation by registering for a race in a different city or try a weekend Pilates retreat.
Greatist is the fastest-growing fitness, health and happiness startup. Check out more tips, expert opinion and fun times at Greatist.com.