- Applesauce for Oil, Butter or Sugar
- Nonfat Greek Yogurt for Mayo or Sour Cream
- Mashed Avocado for Butter or Oil in Baking
- Mashed Bananas for Sugar, Butter and Fats
- Nuts for Croutons in Salads or Granola in Yogurt
- Rolled Oats for Bread Crumbs
- Soda Water for Tonic Water
- Whole Wheat Flour for White Flour
- Zucchini Ribbons or Spaghetti Squash for Pasta
- Pureed Potato for Cream to Thicken Soup
I loved the natural concept and the idea that yogurt and apple sauce serve
as replacements for oil and butter
I reached the conclusion that people with a sweet tooth should eat sugar,
but to a moderate degree. Eating treats that contain artificial sweeteners does
not satisfy me, so I eat some more and gain weight.
I agree with none of those. Olive oil, pasta, white bread are healthy, it's just a matter of how much and when you eat them.
If you already have a diet plenty of fruit and vegetable and good fat, there's no reason to swap anything...