Sure, the Pumpkin Spice Latte is alcohol-free, but it’s still packing lots of sugar. And who can make it through the chill of winter without hot chocolate? There are several ways to slim down these store-bought treats by using skim milk or holding the whipped cream and chocolate drizzle, but the surest way to keep fat and sugar to a minimum in your hot drinks is to make them yourself.
Here are some easy and festive recipes to help you stay warm this season:
Hot Chocolate Almond Milk: Heat unsweetened chocolate almond milk and add your own honey and spices like cinnamon and cayenne.
Honey Chamomile Latte: Heat unsweetened vanilla almond milk and mix with brewed hot chamomile tea and honey.
- Remember The Meaning of The Season
- Party Tip: Hold The Holiday Cocktails
- On The Road: Slimmer Slices at Pizza Hut
- Party Tip: Avoid Double, And Triple, Dipping
- On The Road: Hold The Mayo at McDonald’s
- Party Tip: Lighten Up The Meat and Cheese Platter
- On The Road: Eating Better at KFC
- Party Tip: Mix Up Your Own Warm Beverages
- On The Road: Go Easy On The Toppings at Chipotle
- Party Tip: Navigating the Dessert Table
- On The Road: The Healthier Way at Subway