It’s harder to skip a workout if the fitness regimen is customized for you. That’s the idea behind fitness concierge services like FITiST and SIN Workouts, which build personalized workouts around people’s fitness goals and busy schedules. Most of the sessions are scheduled at boutique fitness studios or with coveted trainers in cities of the clients’ own choosing. High-paying gym junkies can mix up their workouts with different goal-oriented sessions at multiple gyms while tapping into the industry knowledge of fitness concierges who will sign them up for the sweatiest boot camp or trendiest yoga instructor. It’s taking off with frequent travelers, who never have to take a week off Pilates. Like any good hotel concierge, a fitness concierge can provide workout options in unfamiliar cities. But the services are pricey, with triple-digit monthly consulting fees on top of individual studio fees.
Thanks for liking TIME’s Top 10 Everything of 2012 List. Like TIME on Facebook now for more breaking news and current events from around the globe.
Top 10 Diet Discoveries
Top 10 Fitness Fads
Top 10 Marriage Stories
Top 10 Medical Breakthroughs
Top 10 Ridiculously Obvious Study Findings
- 10. Use of Common Pesticide Linked to Bee Colony Collapse
- 9. Want to Limit Aggression? Practice Self-Control!
- 8. Moderate Doses of Alcohol Increase Social Bonding in Groups
- 7. Blood Pressure Drugs Don’t Protect Against Colorectal Cancer
- 6. To “Think Outside the Box,” Think Outside the Box
- 5. Web Offers Poor and Often Inaccurate Info on Designer Vagina Procedures
- 4. Monogamy Reduces Major Social Problems of Polygamist Cultures
- 3. Monitoring Spinal Cord During Surgery May Help Prevent Paralysis
- 2. Why Older People Struggle to Read Fine Print—New Study
- 1. Dogs Learn to Associate Words With Objects Differently Than Humans Do
Top 10 Parenting Trends