The leap from zippy coupe to Honda Odyssey is both physical and emotional. That’s why How to Look Hot in a Minivan is here to help. You’ll feel better about your post-baby body when you learn it’s not just you who needs a little firming up; Hollywood journalist Janice Min tells us that Gwyneth Paltrow relied on two pairs of Spanx after daughter Apple arrived. If celeb moms can drop their baby weight, sister, so can you. But what if all that dieting makes you grouchy? No worries. Sh*tty Mom: The Parenting Guide for the Rest of Us discusses — nay, champions —parenting’s low points with chapters titled “How to Drop Your Sick Kid Off at Daycare Before the Teacher Figures It Out” and “It’s Come to Your Attention That Your Kid Is Merely Average.” Average? Our kid? Sorry, we couldn’t hear you. Raffi’s playing too loudly in the minivan.
Thanks for liking TIME’s Top 10 Everything of 2012 List. Like TIME on Facebook now for more breaking news and current events from around the globe.
Top 10 Diet Discoveries
Top 10 Fitness Fads
Top 10 Marriage Stories
Top 10 Medical Breakthroughs
Top 10 Ridiculously Obvious Study Findings
- 10. Use of Common Pesticide Linked to Bee Colony Collapse
- 9. Want to Limit Aggression? Practice Self-Control!
- 8. Moderate Doses of Alcohol Increase Social Bonding in Groups
- 7. Blood Pressure Drugs Don’t Protect Against Colorectal Cancer
- 6. To “Think Outside the Box,” Think Outside the Box
- 5. Web Offers Poor and Often Inaccurate Info on Designer Vagina Procedures
- 4. Monogamy Reduces Major Social Problems of Polygamist Cultures
- 3. Monitoring Spinal Cord During Surgery May Help Prevent Paralysis
- 2. Why Older People Struggle to Read Fine Print—New Study
- 1. Dogs Learn to Associate Words With Objects Differently Than Humans Do
Top 10 Parenting Trends