You have to see the X-rays to believe it. In their new book, Stuck Up!, Drs. Rich Dreben, Murdoc Knight and Marty Sindhian catalog the bizarre collection of “rectal foreign bodies” that patients come to the emergency room to have removed — as well as the tales they tell ER doctors to explain how they got there.
More Photography from Time
- FLOTUS at 50: Michelle Obama’s Workouts
- Before Angelina: Portraits of Breast Cancer Previvors and Survivors
- Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
- When Celebrities Battle Cancer: Photos of 20 Inspiring Survivors
- Depressive Thinking Can Be Contagious
- The Artistry of Sleep: Photos of Icons Getting Some Shut-Eye