Pregnant? Probably everyone has an opinion about what you should and should not be doing. So it might be hard to ditch that extra cup of coffee after lunch or give up the European vacation you were so looking forward to, but studies suggest caution is in order (especially considering that the first nine months of a person’s life can shape the rest of it).
More Photography from Time
- FLOTUS at 50: Michelle Obama’s Workouts
- Before Angelina: Portraits of Breast Cancer Previvors and Survivors
- Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
- When Celebrities Battle Cancer: Photos of 20 Inspiring Survivors
- The Artistry of Sleep: Photos of Icons Getting Some Shut-Eye
- The Disease that Won’t Die: Tuberculosis in Peru