Americans are overstressed — and you probably didn’t need a national study [PDF] to tell you that. But the recently released survey — of more than 2,000 adults and 1,100 tweens and teens — by the American Psychological Association finds that the most anxious groups in the country aren’t the ones you’d immediately expect.
More Photography from Time
- When Celebrities Battle Cancer: Photos of 20 Inspiring Survivors
- Depressive Thinking Can Be Contagious
- The Artistry of Sleep: Photos of Icons Getting Some Shut-Eye
- The Disease that Won’t Die: Tuberculosis in Peru
- Healthiest U.S. States Ranked. Where Do You Live?
- Children’s Cereal: More Sugar Than a Twinkie?