With 33.3 million people living with HIV/AIDS worldwide, the disease has become more than an illness. HIV/AIDS is a human rights issue, as Dr. Margaret Chan, director-general of the World Health Organization has said. So how will you commemorate World AIDS Day on Dec. 1?
More Photography from Time
- FLOTUS at 50: Michelle Obama’s Workouts
- Before Angelina: Portraits of Breast Cancer Previvors and Survivors
- Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
- When Celebrities Battle Cancer: Photos of 20 Inspiring Survivors
- The Artistry of Sleep: Photos of Icons Getting Some Shut-Eye
- The Disease that Won’t Die: Tuberculosis in Peru