With 33.3 million people living with HIV/AIDS worldwide, the disease has become more than an illness. HIV/AIDS is a human rights issue, as Dr. Margaret Chan, director-general of the World Health Organization has said. So how will you commemorate World AIDS Day on Dec. 1?
More Photography from Time
- When Celebrities Battle Cancer: Photos of 20 Inspiring Survivors
- Depressive Thinking Can Be Contagious
- The Artistry of Sleep: Photos of Icons Getting Some Shut-Eye
- The Disease that Won’t Die: Tuberculosis in Peru
- Healthiest U.S. States Ranked. Where Do You Live?
- Children’s Cereal: More Sugar Than a Twinkie?