Conventional nutritional wisdom has suggested that having a big breakfast jump starts your metabolism and helps you eat less the rest of the day — and stay slim. But a study published Monday in Nutrition Journal turned that notion on its ear. So now that big breakfasts are out, Healthland has five suggestions for downsizing your lumberjack special into something a little more waistline friendly.
More Photography from Time
- Before Angelina: Portraits of Breast Cancer Previvors and Survivors
- Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
- When Celebrities Battle Cancer: Photos of 20 Inspiring Survivors
- Depressive Thinking Can Be Contagious
- The Artistry of Sleep: Photos of Icons Getting Some Shut-Eye
- The Disease that Won’t Die: Tuberculosis in Peru