If you’re experiencing your first really bad backache, you’re probably panicking a little about the pain and its implications — what if it’s cancer? What if it never goes away? My first piece of advice is, relax. Low back pain is very common, and 95% of the time, it’s neither permanent nor serious. Following are 10 essential things to know about dealing with a bad back.
More Photography from Time
- FLOTUS at 50: Michelle Obama’s Workouts
- Before Angelina: Portraits of Breast Cancer Previvors and Survivors
- Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
- When Celebrities Battle Cancer: Photos of 20 Inspiring Survivors
- Depressive Thinking Can Be Contagious
- The Artistry of Sleep: Photos of Icons Getting Some Shut-Eye
I've been having a lot of back pain lately. I've been trying to do stretches and have better posture. It helps a little bit but it still hurts every day. Pain medication helps numb it but I think I'll just have to go to my chiropractor.