Sleep time is not wasted time, least of all for the creative. At night, the brain is a lot more active than it seems, sometimes producing bursts of creative inspiration: music, literature, scientific insights. What follows are some famously creative folks stealing a little sleep — and perhaps trolling for ideas.
More Photography from Time
- Before Angelina: Portraits of Breast Cancer Previvors and Survivors
- Hungry Planet: What The World Eats
- When Celebrities Battle Cancer: Photos of 20 Inspiring Survivors
- Depressive Thinking Can Be Contagious
- The Artistry of Sleep: Photos of Icons Getting Some Shut-Eye
- The Disease that Won’t Die: Tuberculosis in Peru